For as long as I can remember I have loved grapefruit. The scent makes me happy, the taste makes my mouth water, and it’s such a healthy fruit. I don’t drink a lot of water (I know I know) but I have been adding 1 drop of grapefruit essential oil to my water and it’s been so amazing. (I only use 100% pure essential oils internally Not the drugstore essential oils.)
No matter what season it is my lips are prone to get chapped. I decided to make a grapefruit sugar scrub. Which honestly I don’t do too often since I do prefer salt scrubs but I’m not even about to put salt on my lips.
This scrub is great because it can be used on the body, feet and of course the lips. This sugar scrub requires only 4 ingredients and is so simple to make and would make great gifts too.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- Grapefruit essential oil
- Glass jar
- Food safe food coloring (optional)
- In a bowl add 1 cup of granulated sugar and raw sugar.
- Add 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Take a spoon or fork and mix it around for about 5-10 seconds.
- Add a drop of food color.
- Add the essential oil. I use 15 drops.
- Stir until all the ingredients are well blended and fluffy. If the texture is too dry, add a small amount of the oil until you reach the desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight glass jar.
- Store in cool area as coconut oil will change consistency when warm.