Sinus congestion is no fun. The colder season always leaves me congested so since I tend not to use chemical filled salves you can find at the drugstores I decided to make my tried and true sinus decongestion bath salts. These bath salt really open up my sinuses immediately.
Many people recommend just leaning over a large bowl of hot water with a towel over your head which is fine but when your congested it’s not always easy to do that. The great thing about these bath salts is not only does the steam form the bath really open up your sinuses but you also have the added benefits of essential oils. (I only use 100% pure essential oils.)
Eucalyptus essential oil is a fantastic natural decongestant, and helps open bronchial tubes making breathing much easier.
Peppermint essential oil also helps congestion and helps with headaches.
Rosemary essential oil is a must have oil for me for many reasons but the main reason is because it aides in decongestion so well. It also helps with mental clarity and is calming
- 1 cup epsom salt (I buy mine here)
- 1/2 cup dead sea salt (I buy mine here)
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil (if you find eucalyptus oil too strong you can substitute for ravensara essential oil)
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- Mix all of the ingredients together using a mixing bowl.
- Place your mix into a container that’s airtight. I like to use mason jars.
- Add a handful of your bath salt to some warm bath water. Get in, relax, read a book and enjoy.