I dread the flu season. The cough, fever and body aches is the worst. I recently spotted the Vicks Vapor Shower Disks, but they are expensive and probably filled with synthetic additives. Since I had the ingredients at home I I decided to make my own after seeing a tutorial here. These shower disks are perfect for the cold and flu season. If you’ve never seen these disks they are basically disks that you put on the shower floor that smell like the Vicks Vapor Rub. The steam from the shower and the essential oils added in the disks help clear your nose and head.
- 1 cup Baking Soda (I buy in bulk here)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/3-1/2 cup water (You may need to add more or less)
- 20 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil. You can also add other oils like Peppermint, Rosemary or Camphor. If combining oils use 15 drops of each oil depending on the quality and how strong you want it.
- Silicone muffin tin. If you are using a metal muffin tin use cupcake liners.
- Mix the baking soda and water to make a thick paste.
- Add essential oils
- Then you can pour the mixture into muffin tins lined with papers, make small balls and set on a plate or put into a silicone ice cube tray or muffin tray.
- Let them set for 12 hours or overnight to dry. Remove from papers or silicone trays and store in an airtight container.
How To Use
- When ready to use, place a disc on the floor of your shower and let the water run on it while showering.