If you have kids then you know accidents can happen within seconds. I have an 8 year old boy who to say the least is pretty clumsy and has had his fair share of accidents that leads to scrapes cuts and bruises. There are a number antiseptic sprays and creams you can buy at the pharmacies and yes although they do work, even though I have noticed it can take a long time for them to heal the cuts, bruises and scratches, none of those over the counter sprays and creams can hold a candle to using essential oils. Essential oils contain loads of amazing properties that help heal cuts, burns, scrapes and bruises in as little as a day, Yup that’s right. My son’s cuts, and scrapes have healed within 2 days of using this blend. It’s definitely a site to see for yourself. This blend also works great for adults too.
I use a specific blend that I simply add to a 10ml glass roller ball. It’s ideal storing this blend in a roller ball because it’s so simple to apply to the area of concern plus it’s travel friendly and can easily fit into a pocket or purse.
Lavender – Is a tried and true essential oil when it comes to most things especially cuts and burns. It has anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties and it improves the formation of scar tissues making it a key oil in this recipe. It’s also a great oil for children.
Frankincense – Also has anti-septic properties that aids in cuts and internal wounds without any known side effects. When frankincense is applied to a wound it can prevent infection.
Tea Tree – Is an anti-microbial cleanser and is very beneficial in healing cuts.
- 10 drops Tea Tree essential oil (I buy mine here)
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil (I buy mine here)
- 10 drops Frankincense essential oil (I buy mine here)
- 10 ml Glass Roller Ball (I buy mine here)
- Carefully measure out the drops of essential oils into a 10ml dark glass roller ball.
- Fill the remainder of the roller ball with a carrier oil of your choice. I use fractionated coconut oil. (It’s unscented and non greasy.)