Dealing with rough dry skin? Well I have a great DIY all natural recipe that you can make at home to combat dry skin. Made with all natural ingredients this lotion bar eliminates dry patchy skin while adding plenty of moisturization. I love handing out lotion bars as gifts and you can easily customize them to your liking. I love that it’s all natural and I know what exactly is going into making them. They are extremely moisturizing. I use lotion bars everywhere on my skin but a lot of people really love using them on dry elbows too. The lavender infused in this lotion bar adds a soothing effect to the skin and smells divine. After trying out a few recipes I finally found a concoction that I love. If you prefer a firmer lotion bar add more beeswax, if you like a softer lotion bar add more oil and less beeswax it’s entirely your choice.
1. Place oils, butters and beeswax in a glass bowel and melt using a double broiler.
2. Wait for the mixture to cool down a little before adding essential oils and vitamin E oil.
3. Pour the mixture in any mold of your choice. I use a silicone mold because I find it them easier to use and clean.
4. Pop the mold in the freezer and let it completely harden before removing them from the mold.
5. When I have extra oil left over oil I use them to make lip balms.
How To Use Lotion Bars
Lotion bars are used much like soap, except you apply them after a shower or just for moisturization They aren’t meant to be used in the shower and should not be used wet. Since there isn’t any water in the recipe these lotion bars have a shelf life of 12 months.