I am super excited about this post for one main reason I literally can not believe I actually made my very own whipped body butter and to top it off it’s oh so good. I have never been a fan of commercial body butters.. sorry Body shop but I think your butters suck not to mention the awful ingredients companies conveniently add into their products just for the sake of preserving their products. Unlike lotions, body butters are made with raw butters instead of water so preserving them is not an issue at all. Lotions also absorb into the skin immediately providing immediate moisture not all day moisture like body butters provide. Body butters are much more healing to the skin and have a lasting effect therefore you don’t need to keep reapplying it throughout the day, unless of course your like me and want to indulge because trust me it looks almost edible.
- 1/2 cup Shea Butter (I buy mine here)
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Butter ( I buy mine here)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup light oil (like sweet almond, jojoba, fractionated coconut oil. ( I buy them here)
- Lavender & Frankincense Essential Oil (Optional)
- In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add essential oils if using.
- Move to fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept at the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.